2018 Uncork Urbana Wine Festival
I was so pleased that the rain held off long enough for me to attend and enjoy the 2018 Uncork Urbana Wine Festival on Saturday, June 9. There was live entertainment, cooking demonstrations, and food trucks that add to the experience, but I’m all about the wine.
2014 Sterling Vintner’s Collection Merlot
This Merlot is very dry, dense, and juicy. Sterling Vineyards started in the 1960s and released their first vintage-dated Merlot in 1969, at a time when this variety had typically been used for blending.
Know Your Server, Meet Management
Over the years I have learned that not all servers in restaurants and wineries are the same, and there is much to be gained by engaging them in conversation, as well as the owners or managers.
When comparing servers, I’m not talking about the basic quality of service they provide, but instead the knowledge of their offerings and enthusiasm with which they present them.
News & Articles
- Rare Wine Auctions Set New Records in the First Half of 2018 (Wine Spectator)
- An Unscientific Experiment to Get to the Truth of Minerality in Wine
- Duckhorn Wine Company Buys Kosta Browne
- Silver Oak Builds First New Winery to Earn LEED Platinum Sustainability Certification (Wine Spectator)
- Your Ultimate Guide to Wines From Central and Eastern European Indigenous Grapes
- Côtes du Rhône Wines Are Perfect Pairs for Summer or Winter
- The Best Italian Red Wines for Beginners
- Barolo, Barbaresco, and the “Other” Nebbiolos of Italy