2018 Vintage Illinois
2018 Vintage Illinois took place September 15 & 16 at Matthiessen State Park. I was able to attend for a short period on Saturday. Even though my time was limited, I was able visit all of the winery displays and taste several wines. Needless to say, trying to fully explore the wines from 24 wineries would be a bit much in a matter of hours. Here is a selection of the wines that I really enjoyed and recommend.
2016 Inama ‘Vigneti Di Foscarino’ Soave Classico
I was not familiar with the Garganega variety before trying this wine, but will certainly be trying many more as this is now one of my favorite whites. This is an absolutely luscious and enjoyable wine. It is full-bodied and dry and very easy to drink with a long and clean finish.
Save More Money On Wine
It’s always great to run across a bargain when purchasing wine. Here are a few ways to maximum savings whether purchasing one bottle or when the cooler gets low. I’ll show you an example that recently saved me 38% on a purchase of 10 bottles of wine.
News & Articles
- New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc Is a Global Success Story, Whether Wine Critics Like It or Not
- The Last Word, Your First Cocktail Choice
- Wine Talk: Country-Music Star Carly Pearce Doesn’t Hide Her Love of Wine (Wine Spectator)
- It’s Harvesttime for Wine in … Tahiti?! (Wine Spectator)
- Wine vs. Health in 2019 (OMG We’re All Going To Die!)
- J. Lohr “Gesture” Paso Robles Viognier
- Maipo Valley, Chile
- Wine Flavors: What’s Right? What’s Wrong?