Biltmore Winery, Asheville NC
No trip to Asheville, NC is complete without a visit to the historic Biltmore Estate, and no trip to the Biltmore Estate is complete without a visit to the House, Gardens, and of course the Biltmore Winery.
In the early 1970s George Vanderbilt’s grandson William A.V. Cecil decided that a French Chateau should have a vineyard and winery.
2017 Massaya Blanc
I have not experienced a Lebanese wine before, but will definitely search out more to try. This wine is light bodied, but high in alcohol content. Be careful; this combination might creep up on you because it is so drinkable that you just want more.
The grapes are grown Beqaa Valley, in the Mount Lebanon mountain range.
The Right Wine Glass
So, is there really a right glass or way to hold it in order to maximize the wine experience? Personally, I would answer both “yes” and “no” depending on the circumstances. Stay tuned to the end to find out why I say “no”.
The shape of the glass and whether it is stemmed or stemless can effect the wine experience. Some would say the shape is more important, but I think they equally can influence the presentation of the wine.
News & Articles
- Old Fashioned Apple Pie
- Here’s Why You Never See NFL Players in Beer Ads
- A Clash Between Cotton and Cabernet? (Wine Spectator)
- Wine Talk: Josh Groban’s Pinot Noir Philanthropy (Wine Spectator)
- Ask Adam: Is Beer Better in a Can or a Bottle?
- What are Tannins, Really?
- Open, Decant, Serve, and Store Wine – 101 Video (Ep. 7)
- What Are Wine Tannins? – Wine 101 Videos (Ep. 6)