Hickory Ridge Vineyard & Winery, Pomona IL
Located back off the road, nestled behind trees and overlooking the vineyards, the small rustic tasting room provides a nice escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Alto Vineyards, Alto Pass IL
I’ve had Alto Vineyards wines before, but this was my first visit to the winery in Alto Pass. Located in southern Illinois, Alto Vineyards is one of the founding three wineries of the Shawnee Hills Wine Trail, which was the first wine trail in Illinois.
What I’m Drinking
A Decoy Trio
While trying to decide on a few bottles to take for a week of semi-isolation away from home, I selected three Decoy Wines from the Duckhorn Vineyards portfolio of wines. A great choice.
Save More Money On Wine
It’s always great to run across a bargain when purchasing wine. Here are a few ways to maximum savings whether purchasing one bottle or when the cooler gets low. I’ll show you an example that recently saved me 38% on a purchase of 10 bottles of wine.
News & Articles
- 5 Spanish Cured Meats and What to Drink With Them
- How to Make the Perfect Shrimp Cocktail from Scratch
- Wine And Chinese Food: 7 Delicious Pairings
- This Is The Best Easy Drinking Game You’ll Ever Play
- Guide to Online Wine Courses (Free & Paid)
- 10 of the Best Bourbons and American Whiskeys for $40 and Under
- Cutting Back on Sugar? Here's What Wine Drinkers Need to Know