Hickory Ridge Vineyard & Winery, Pomona IL
Located back off the road, nestled behind trees and overlooking the vineyards, the small rustic tasting room provides a nice escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Alto Vineyards, Alto Pass IL
I’ve had Alto Vineyards wines before, but this was my first visit to the winery in Alto Pass. Located in southern Illinois, Alto Vineyards is one of the founding three wineries of the Shawnee Hills Wine Trail, which was the first wine trail in Illinois.
What I’m Drinking
A Decoy Trio
While trying to decide on a few bottles to take for a week of semi-isolation away from home, I selected three Decoy Wines from the Duckhorn Vineyards portfolio of wines. A great choice.
Save More Money On Wine
It’s always great to run across a bargain when purchasing wine. Here are a few ways to maximum savings whether purchasing one bottle or when the cooler gets low. I’ll show you an example that recently saved me 38% on a purchase of 10 bottles of wine.
News & Articles
- Hey Bartender, There’s Peat in My Bourbon!
- TikTok Creators Bring Barrier-Free Joy to Wine
- Napa's Harvest Stomp Auction Raises $2.7 Million
- Taste Napa Valley – Learn By Drinking course
- The 30 Best Rye Whiskey Brands (2021)
- Tesseron Family Sells Bordeaux's Château Lafon-Rochet
- Wine Folly Wine Club 003 – Aging Vessels: Oak, Stainless, Concrete
- The Winemakers Who Believe Vineyard Sheep Provide ‘True Terroir’